Friday, March 9, 2012

Did you stand when USA National Anthem was sung at the MGM Grand?

I am an American in the Philippines and at the movie theater where we watched the Pacquaio/Cotto fight, everyone stood up when the Philippine National anthem was sung by the 3 lovely singers.

Now, I wonder how many Americans stood when our National Anthem was sung if you were not at the MGM Grand.

Yes, me and a few other Americans stood when our National anthem was sung. we also stood when the Philippine National Anthem was sung.

I've been in the USA and have watched sporting events on tv in public places. I do not recall anyone getting up from where they were sitting during the singing of the National Anthem.

Did you stand or did you go get a cold one?Did you stand when USA National Anthem was sung at the MGM Grand?
To be honest, after the Chavez Jr fight, I wanted to take advantage of the limited time to go to the restroom, get a cold one and some pizza and begin to discuss upcoming fight with family and friends.
I was in the privacy of my own home. I didn't feel the need to stand. However, that doesn't mean I am not proud to be a Filipino-American.



If I am in a public place, I would do the right thing and stand when it is required.Did you stand when USA National Anthem was sung at the MGM Grand?
im proud to be filipino american, we were sitting but it didn't mean we didn't respect the anthems which brought a rush of pride in my body.
  • infiniti g37
  • pittsburgh
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment